My name is Sören Rodemann. I am from Germany, and I joined Greenhouse seven months ago. Since that time, God has started to change my life in an amazing way. I would like to share a few reasons with you about why I am so excited to be part of Greenhouse.
- Growing in my relationship with God: He surprises me every time! In the last seven months, my relationship with God has become more important and more heart intensive. I have learned through different circumstances to put my trust in Him and follow Him only.
- Experiencing different youth ministry opportunities: When I first started Greenhouse I was really nervous, because I haven’t worked much with young people. I was brave enough to start something new and God used it! I have gotten to know a lot of people and have been able to build up a good relationship with a few people. Through different ministry opportunities (mentoring, after-school drop-in´s, Gospel Communities, etc. ) I am able to use my gifts and talents.
- Discovering purpose for my life: I love Greenhouse because I am able to dream and explore my personality and strengths away from my home and normal environment. God has spoken into my life, and step by step I am able to put different puzzles together to find the next step after Greenhouse that God wants for me.
- Growing as a leader: Greenhouse has stretched me in different ways! In February I had the opportunity to co-lead a team of young people on a mission-trip to Moldova. I was challenged to think about how I can lead and use my skills. I discovered that I am a leader that God can use to lead others closer to Him.
- Living in different country: I am blessed to be England where I am able get to know the culture and language, drink lots of English tea, and enjoy the wonderful English weather. I miss my family much, but I’ve found a wonderful international family.
Categories: Gap Year
Tags: Christian Gap Year