Greenhouse student, Julia Konzella, recently shared this simple game at the drop-in club she helps lead. We think it’s a great tool to get young people to mix outside their normal social group and begin to form authentic community. It’s simple!
What you need to bring:
- A copy of this clock for each young person
- This list of mixer questions
How it works:
- Every young person gets a pen and a clock.
- The young people mingle and set a time to “meet up” with another young person or volunteer on each hour. When they agree on a meeting time each person writes the name of the other on that hour. When they finish they should have 12 appointments scheduled.
- The leader then starts to call out times and reads the corresponding question for the young people to discuss. For example, the leader might say, “It’s 2 o’clock!” All the young people look at their clock and see who they have scheduled to meet up with. The leader works his or her way through the clock in random order.
Categories: Youth Ministry Resources
Tags: Christian Gap Year, Degree