The BA is delivered by ForMission College through a combination of residential conferences and weekly mentoring.
- You will attend six residential conferences per year where you will be led in guided facilitations covering the BA modules. Lectures are interactive and tutors take time to help students apply their learning to the placement ministries. To hear what students are learning at conference, click here.
- You will attend a weekly cluster with other youth ministry trainees. An experienced cluster leader will help support you and oversee your practical training.
- You will participate in at least 13 hours of ministry a week. The hours you spend in ministry are a requirement of the degree.
- In between conferences and cluster meetings, you will spend 10-15 hours per week in personal reading, studying and essay writing.
- Essays and course work are submitted electronically to be marked and recorded.
We appreciate that no week is the same in church ministry, but typically you can expect to do:
- 13-25 hours of youth ministry
- 10-15 hours personal study towards the degree
- 3-4 hour meeting with your coach and cluster
- Personal day off with no ministry or degree responsibilities
Having a theology degree as well as three years of experience in leading youth ministry prepares you for a life of mission to young people and can open many doors for the future. Graduates are often are hired as youth ministers in a local church or they may choose to pioneer new mission to youth. Whilst the degree will not give you a JNC qualification it will enable you to study for further masters level if desired.
Each situation is different depending on your placement church. Most students live with a host family from the church whilst other churches set up a flat or flat-share for the trainee.
New students are inducted onto the degree in September. For the full application process click here.
For the 2018-2019 academic year:
- 10-14 September, 2018 (at The House of Bread, Warwickshire)
- 5-9 November, 2018 (Poplars, Ledbury)
- 9-13 January, 2019 (Poplars, Ledbury)
- 4-8 March, 2019 (Poplars, Ledbury)
- 29 Apr- 3 May, 2019 (Poplars, Ledbury)
- 3-7 June, 2019 (Poplars, Ledbury)