You dream of being used by God to impact youth. You have been active in your church’s youth work. You want more than just a theology degree. You need training, experience and coaching. You have come to the right place.
You can earn a BA in Theology, Mission and Ministry with a specialism in Youth Work. We are the intensive campus of ForMission College, which is validated by Newman University, Birmingham. This will prepare you for a lifetime of effective, missional youth ministry.
About The Degree
Whilst you study, you serve in a placement in youth ministry. Many of the course assessments are based on your placement.
You will be supported by a weekly 'cluster' meeting with your coach and a few other students. Our staff and tutors are all ministry practitioners and will help you develop personally, academically, spiritually and in your ministry skills.
You will live and minister in your placement community. You will sit lectures, present practical assignments and receive inspirational input at six week-long residential conferences a year.
What Our Training Looks Like
Daily Life For Our Students
Our Residential Conferences
Your Learning Journey
Your tutors will lay the foundation for your academic journey with courses like:
- Introduction to the Old & New Testament
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Mission History of the Church
- Mission in a Multicultural Pluralistic Society
- Themes in Culture & Sociology
- Mission & Youth Ministry
Mission and Practice
You’ll continue your Theological training with courses such as:
- Ecclesiology & Pneumatology
- Intermediate Biblical Studies
- Forming Missional Communities
- Leading Youth Teams
- Leading & Forming Disciples
Applied Theological Studies
Your placement ministry will be maturing by year three and your learning will reflect courses that will fully equip you to be a missional youth minister:
- Culture in Scripture & Mission
- Mission, Church & Missio Dei
- Missional Leadership in Youth Ministry
- Change Management & Conflict Resolution in Youth Ministry
- Dissertation OR an Essay Assignment & a Placement Project Reflective Assignment